Friday, February 27, 2015

Crochet Pattern Testing...

I like to do a little pattern testing for others now and again and this month I have been helping out the lovely Marta (mrsdaftspaniel@blogspot.co.uk) with her fab new pattern for a Child's Crochet Cowl.



 Hooked up in bright coloured stripes, this cosy cowl is made with a really simple but very effective zigzag/ripple stitch that pulls the fabric together in a concertina effect to make it extra snugly!





The pattern was wonderfully easy to follow and Roo loves his finished cowl.

Marta tells me she is hoping to submit it to a crochet magazine. I can't wait to see it in print!! You can check out more of Marta's work on her beautiful Instagram feed too - she's @MrsDaftSpaniel 





Another pattern I have been testing is this lovely little daffodil for my sister-in-law Michelle over at Lost on the Cloud.


I love daffodils (especially the miniature varieties) and these little crochet beauties are perfect for adding some spring colour to your room.



I really enjoyed making these two - in fact I may have to make more. And maybe some little blue forget-me-nots, purple pansies and white daisies too...



If you would like to have a go at hooking up some pretty little daffodils to herald in the Spring you can find the pattern here.

I've not just been testing patterns for other people this month, I have also been coming up with a few of my own. Here's a little teaser for a new granny square pattern I have been working on.


I hope to share the basic granny square pattern here in a few weeks but I am also working on a full pdf cushion pattern which will be available via Ravelry and my Folksy shop soon too! 

Don't forget to subscribe to my blog (there's a box for that in the column to the right) or follow me on Bloglovin so you don't miss the free granny square pattern when it is published.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your pattern testing adventures! Thank you again for being my guinnea pig! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for staying this long :) I would love to hear what you have to say. Don't be shy, this could be start of a beautiful friendship!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips