Sunday, December 15, 2013

Help! I've lost my Christmas Mojo!!

Anyone who knows me well, knows how much I love this most wonderful time of the year!

I love the glitter, sparkle and twinkly lights. I love the excuse to decorate every available space with festive trinkets I have collected over the years. I love choosing gifts, making gifts, wrapping gifts. Oh how I LOVE wrapping gifts!  I love walking with Roo around the neighbourhood oooo-ing and aaaah-ing at all the pretty light displays that people have covered the outside of their houses with.  I love the excuse to eat mince pies and cream at any time of the day. I love gingerbread lattes. I love wearing my huge velvet Santa hat on the school run. I love baking festive treats and filling the house with the aroma of oranges and spice.

The decorations came out on 1st December. The tree went up and looked very pretty.  I even made a lovely garland for the banisters using a plain 'fir garland' from Wilkos, some battery operated red berry lights I bought locally and some gorgeous vintage style baubles I picked up in the charity shop for 50p (for the bag of 6! Bargain!!)


I had plans for the other rooms too and I was going to make an early start on wrapping with the aim of getting all wrapped up before Roo finished school for the holidays.  I was ready to go!

Then something happened.

I lost my Christmas mojo.  

A series of very quiet weeks at the shop and the van costing us £300 to get through it's MOT didn't help. Neither did a couple of complete disaster craft fairs and a third cancelled due to lack of interest...
Coming home from school run one day to find water pouring through the kitchen ceiling (luckily NOT affecting the bit I had just decorated) pulled me down a bit further and then this week I was completely knocked for six by a flu-type virus that left me almost unable to move for 36 hours!

Oh and the lights on our beautifully decorated tree blew less than a week after putting it up.

And, no I haven't done ANY wrapping yet!

It's all been a bit of a disaster really...

Roo informed me this morning that there are only 10 sleeps till Christmas

10 sleeps!

I REALLY need to find my Christmas mojo again because, you know, I really don't want to have to wait another 12 months before I can feel good wearing my big, red, velvet Santa hat on the school run...

3 comments:

  1. I know the feeling, I just can't get excited about Christmas this year! My dad said "You know what you need? Children to get excited about xmas with!" I told him not to hold his breath lol! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol! My child is ridiculously excited by Christmas but it's not rubbing off on me yet. I think one of the main problems is I have been thinking about and making things for Christmas since August! I may have just peaked too soon...

      Delete
  2. Oh sounds like a run of bad luck. You won't be able to avoid getting excited for long with a little boy in the house. Hope you're feeling better now. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for staying this long :) I would love to hear what you have to say. Don't be shy, this could be start of a beautiful friendship!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips