|images :: vickymyerscreations.co.uk , happyhooligans.ca|
This week I have an upcycled theme to my picks from last week's pintorials.
First up is this gorgeous Upcycled Tweed Skirt Bag from Vicky Myers - I love how Vicky has used the skirt pleats to make an attractive and practical design feature on this bag! As someone who regularly uses thrift shop granny skirts for my upcycled Lavender Pets I KNOW what a pig the creases are to iron out so if you don't have to that's got to be a bonus!
Another great way to turn old clothes into something brand new and practical too is showcased over at Happy Hooligans. These gorgeous kids denim aprons are made from legs of old jeans! Brilliant!!
Finally I love these Butterflies made from old magazine pages over on Teaching Little Learners - a very simple but effective reuse of those colourful pages.
So there you have my picks from last week. Don't forget to pop over to my fellow hosts blogs - Kate at Crafts on Sea, Gude at Hodge Podge Craft and Anna at In the Playroom - and check out their favourites too.
The thing I love most about upcycling/repurposing is taking something and making it into something completely different. This week I am linking up a little tutorial using a small wooden curtain ring as a base for a cute mini pin cushion.
Now it's your turn...
Here are the rules if you are new to #Pintorials!
- Link up ONE post a week - it can be any kind of creative tutorial, how-to or recipe at any level from pre-schoolers to pro. It doesn't have to be a new post from the last week so use #Pintorials to revisit some of your best tutorial posts!
- Please follow the Tuesday Tutorials Pinterest board .
- Please also follow the hosts on Pinterest - Anna, Gude, Kate and me - this is not essential but would be appreciated!
- Try and visit at least three other blogs on the linky and leave a comment or pin some of their fab tutorials to your own boards. You could use the #pintorials hashtag to let them know you found them via the linky. You can also use the #pintorials hashtag to highlight your post on other social media if you chose.
- Feel free to add the badge to your post or your side bar
Grab the button