Saturday, June 15, 2013

Craft Fair at Tintern

So, today I did my first craft fair of the summer, sharing a table with my friend, craft fair newbie, Marie.  Under the name Miss Willow, inspired by her beautiful baby girl, she makes lovely kids dresses and fab baby hats. 

Sharing a craft fair table with a friend when you first start out is a great way to dip your toes into the water and is much less scary than doing it on your own! Neither of us sold masses but it was a lovely day with lots of chatter, meeting some new customers, making new contacts and eating biscuits :-)

Plus I got to have lots of cuddles with THE cutest baby ...


The eponymous Miss Willow

Tintern is a small village on the banks of the River Wye situated between Chepstow and Monmouth, famous for its fabulous Abbey ruins that have inspired artists and writers for centuries.


The view from the window behind our table.



Good ol' village craft fair advertising (balloons are NOT optional!)




Our table - Forest Flower on right, Miss Willow on the left


Cute Owl dress by Miss Willow



After setting up my table I went for a little stroll across the cricket field to admire Tintern Abbey before the tourists arrived.

When I got back all the other stalls were set up...


sweet crochet baby shoes


This table was full of toy dogs modelling the funkiest dog coats!


Colourful tissue flowers


There were several stalls selling antiques and collectibles - I nearly bought this entire vintage alarm clock display!


Pretty vintage hand painted ceramic door plate (this nearly came home with me too!)


A selection of beautifully restored chairs and stools

A lovely day in a lovely location with lovely company.

And although I didn't sell a huge amount of stock at least I have some lots of pretty new things to add to my Folksy shop next week!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you enjoyed. I've noticed that craft fairs are often more about getting your brand out there though. I frequently pick up cards from people that I intend to contact in the future to buy something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stall looks fab. I love the vintage alarm clocks too - I have one at home myself, but it's sat in a drawer. Should get it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good! I never did well at events, I always spent my takings on other people's stalls! :) I found that I'd always end up getting a phone call or two after the event to post something on . . in the good old days of cheques and telephones.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for staying this long :) I would love to hear what you have to say. Don't be shy, this could be start of a beautiful friendship!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips