Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Fruity Peanut Butter Crunch Bites recipe




When those lovely people at Duerr's tweeted this cute message to me a few weeks back, I had to respond (I'm a crunchy gal, in case you were wondering...) It would have been rude not to!

Duerr's sent me a jar of of their brand new crunchy peanut butter and a tasty looking recipe for peanut butter cookies but as our oven is still out of action I had to think up other creative and tasty ways to use my jar of crunchy peanut butter, and I came up with this delicious, no-bake sweet treat...


Fruity Peanut Butter Crunch Bites


100g digestive biscuits
100g crunchy peanut butter
50g butter
50g mixed dried fruit
25g glace cherries, quartered


First you need to crush your digestive biscuits to fine crumbs. Either blitz them in a food processor or place them in a strong plastic bag - zip lock freezer bags are good - and bash them up with a rolling pin. For some reason kids LOVE doing this ;-)

Next melt the butter in a saucepan (or large jug/bowl in the microwave).  Remove from the heat and stir in the peanut butter, dried fruit and chopped glace cherries and crushed biscuits until thoroughly combined.

Line an 18cm square cake tin (I use one of these from Lakeland) with foil and press the mixture into the tin. Pop it in the fridge to chill for an hour or so.

When completely cooled and set cut into bite size squares. The squares can be stored in an airtight container for up to a week and are better if kept chilled.

Be warned - these fruity, crunchy, peanuty squares are very rich but incredibly more-ish!








ps - want to make a larger batch? Just double up the ingredients and use a tray bake or swiss roll tin.

1 comment:

  1. I love peanut butter, but sadly I'm alone in our house. Don't very often get to eat it as a result. These look lush.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for staying this long :) I would love to hear what you have to say. Don't be shy, this could be start of a beautiful friendship!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips