Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Tuesday Tutorials - playing with yarn


Good Morning everyone!

It's that Tuesday Tutorial time of week again - Yay!!

Once again, last week was a great success with loads more fab things to make and do added to our Tuesday Tutorials pinterest board.



It's half term here this week and me and Roo are off to my parent's place in Wales for a few days. He's taking his new Marvel Superheros colouring book whilst I will be toting something small, portable and probably yarn related...




image: beautifulthingsbyclaire.blogspot.co.uk


I love the portablilty of crochet - particularly projects made up of granny squares. They are so easy to make and all you need is a small amount of yarn and a hook. With this easy pattern from Beautiful Things By Claire you'll be whipping up colourful granny squares in no time at all.




image: monsteryarns.co.uk






As a lifelong knitter I am always looking for little projects to keep my needles busy and I just loved these dinky knitted heart pillows from Monster Yarns - the author suggests making a seperate little bag filled with cherry stones so it can be heated in the microwave and turn your pillow into a heated pad to keep the chills at bay. Perfect for this time of the year!








Finally these gorgeous needlefelted pebbles from Zing Zing Tree caught my eye. I have aways wanted to have a go at needlefelting and last year bought myself some needles, a base pad and lots of wool tops. I have since dabbled a bit but this project looks simple enough for a beginner to have a go. And they look so sweet! (just imagining a big pile of them in a bowl... *swoon* )

image: zingzingtree.wordpress.com


As usual Kate, Gude, Anna have all chosen their three favourite pins from last week so why not hop over to their blogs and see their picks from last week?

Want to join in? Have a tutorial or a recipe that you would love to share? Simply add your post to the linky below and we will set about pinning and tweeting using #Pintorials. It doesn't even have to be a new post so why not dig through your archives for that great make that deserves a second chance to be seen!   (For a full recap of the rules click here )

This week (in keeping with the yarn theme) I am linking up a little knitty project for you - a pair of cute dishcloths or washcloths made from craft cotton.



Tales from Mount Pleasant
Grab the button


1 comment:

  1. I just found you via Bloglovin1 I adore those little knitted hearts :) I'm an avid knitter but have also just learned to crochet and am looking to move on to the granny squares! So will be checking back each week for ideas x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for staying this long :) I would love to hear what you have to say. Don't be shy, this could be start of a beautiful friendship!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips